These felt trivets and coaster set adds texture, style and fun pops of color while protecting your furniture. Handmade by women artisans in Nepal.
- Trivet measures approximately 8 inches in diameter.
- Coasters measure approximately 4 inches in diameter.
- 100% All Natural New Zealand Wool.
- Azo-free dyes.
- Care: Spot clean as needed. Do not machine wash or dry.
- Due to the handmade nature, slight variations in size, exact color, shape, pattern, or other characteristics may be evident. Each piece is truly a unique work of art, lovingly crafted by hand.
The Art of Felting:
The first step to creating these beautiful felt pieces begins with gathering some of the world’s finest sheep’s wool from New Zealand. Making felted wool is an ages-old, time-consuming process of bonding fabric with fiber. This is a physical job where the artisan’s scrub, rub, roll and rinse the wool again and again with soapy water.
Once the wool is bound into a sheet and the desired thickness is complete, the felt is laid out to dry. From there, the felt wool is cut and re-worked into many complex shapes and designs. The many sheets of wool might merge several colors to create patterns and layers. This takes a well-trained, talented artisan and is a true labor of love. The end results are colorful, one-of-a-kind textiles that are stunning to behold.